EASC’s inaugural East Asia Career Panel attracted over 70 undergraduate and graduate students last Wednesday, January 30, 2013, filling the room to capacity. The six panelists engaged the audience for two hours, talking candidly about their academic and work experiences, advice for students hoping to pursue East Asia-related careers, and what they wish they had known as undergraduate students, among other topics. The event was held as a part of USC Career Fest 2013, an annual week-long program of career-related panels, discussions, workshops and networking events for USC students.
The East Asia Career Panel was originally conceived of to answer the question often asked by students studying East Asian Area Studies: What can I do with this major or minor? It developed into a program with the goal of helping all students interested in using East Asian language and area studies skills in their future professions learn about the different career paths available.
- Ethan Devine, Asia Desk Manager, World Trade Center San Diego
- Katherine Estrada, Assistant Director, Asia Society Southern California
- Jonathan Kaji, President, Kaji & Associates
- Zabrina Law, US Recruiting and University Relations Manager, Teach for China
- Chelsea Mason, Marketing Director, Pacific Asia Museum
- Lisa Yi, Americorps Member, Los Angeles Unified School District; Former Producer/Reporter, China Radio International
For panelist bios and a full description of the event, please visit the event page.